Don't blink. Don't even blink. Blink and you're dead. They are fast. Faster than you can believe.
Don't turn your back, don't look away, and DON'T BLINK.
Computer scientist, software architect, gamer.
- 09-04-1988 (September 4, 1988), Paris, France
- Primary mail
- Secondary mail
- Elie Rotenberg
- Elie Rotenberg
- Native language
- Other languages
- English (fluent, technical)
- Academic degree
- PhD in Computer Science, Université Pierre et Marie Curie
- Topics of interest
- Complex networks, real-time, web applications, functional programming
- Webedia Gaming
- Director of R&D, software architect, member of the board
- Co-founder, CTO, member of the board
- PhD in Computer science, Université Pierre et Marie Curie
- Ancien élève de l'Ecole Normale Supérieure de Lyon
- Graph theory, complex networks, metrology
- Algorithmics, operating systems, general CS, compilation, functional programming, concurrency
- Optimization, stochastics, machine learning
I strongly believe in picking the right tool for the job, although the platform (compiler, VM, runtime...) is often as much important as the language itself.
- Web development
- Extensive knowledge of the entire stack, both theoretical and operational.
- Internet TV
- Architect of one of the world-pioneer Gaming WebTV.
- Web entrepreneurship
- Co-founder of website millenium.org, an entirely free, self-sufficient and profitable content-driven website on gaming.
- Internet topology
- Main topic of my PhD thesis.
- Gaming and eSports
- Strategy director of website millenium.org, and member of the board of Webedia Gaming, editor of jeuxvideo.com. Former guild master and raid leader of a high-end competitive guild in World of Warcraft.
Co-founder, CTO, strategy directory of millenium.org, #1 french gaming website dedicated to gaming and eSports.
Teacher and interrogator, Université Pierre et Marie Curie (Advanced C Programming, Client/Server Architectures, Computer Science for Maths, Algorithmics, Functional Programming, Advanced Networking).
PhD Student at Complex Networks team of LIP6, Univeristé Pierre et Marie Curie, supervised by Matthieu Latapy (LIP6) and Christophe Crespelle (LIP).
|2010||2010||Networks models in social sciences, 3-month research internship supervised by Tommaso Venturini and Paul Girard, Medialab Sciences-Po, IEP Paris.|
|2010||2010||Diffusion in online communities and the blogosphere, 3-month research internship supervised by Jean-Philippe Cointet, ISC Paris.|
|2009||2009||Emergence of cooperation in the bacteria evolution, 3-month research internship supervised by François Taddei and Dusan Misevìc, CRI Paris.|
|2009||2009||Measuring the IP-level topology of the Internet, 6-month research supervised by Matthieu Latapy and Christophe Crespelle, LIP6/Complex Networks.|
|2008||2008||Simulated virus evolution, 2-month research internship supervised by Guillaume Beslon, LIRIS/INSA Lyon.|
|2010||2014||Doctorate in Computer Science at EDITE de Paris, UPMC/LIP6/Complex Networks, ENS de Lyon.|
|2009||2010||Interdisciplinary Approach of Life and the Web (AIV/AIW) Master Program.|
|2008||2009||Reasearch in Computer Science Master Program (MPRI) of Paris, ENS de Cachan. Ranked #2 with high honours.|
|2007||2008||BSc in Computer Science, ENS de Lyon.|
|2005||2007||Classe préparatoire aux grandes écoles (CPGE MPSI/MP*), Maths, Physics and Computer Science, Lycée Charlemagne. Admitted in Ecole normale supérieure de Lyon.|
|2002||2005||Graduation in Science, Lycée Louis-le-Grand, with honors.|
|2002||2005||Member of the International Olympiads in Informatics (IOI) training squad France IOI supervised by Mathias Hiron and Arthur Charguéraud.|
Peer-reviewed research publications
- Une nouvelle approche pour l'estimation fiable des propriétés de la topologie d'Internet (PhD Manuscript), Elie Rotenberg.
- UDP Ping: a dedicated tool for improving measurements of the Internet topology (demo), Fabien Tarissan, Elie Rotenberg, Matthieu Latapy, Christophe Crespelle, Mascots 2014.
- Measuring the Degree Distribution of Routers in the Core Internet (article), Matthieu Latapy, Elie Rotenberg, Christophe Crespelle, Fabien Tarissan, IFIP Networking 2014.
- Measuring Routing Tables in the Internet (article), Elie Rotenberg, Christophe Crespelle, Matthieu Latapy, NetSciCom2014, in conjunction with IEEE Infocom 2014.
- Rigorous measurement of IP-level neighrborhood of internet core routers (article), Christophe Crespelle, Matthieu Latapy, Elie Rotenberg, NetSciCom 2010, in conjunction with IEEE Infocom 2010.
- Brutal and sustained workload capacity when doing interesting things.
- Independant, adaptative, innovative.
- Strong background in Science (mathematics, physics, biology, chemistry), History, Philosophy, and Economics.
- Active gamer (League of Legends among many).
- Reading hobbyist (my favourithe authors include Louis-Ferdinand Céline, Marcel Proust, Gustave Flaubert, Emmanuel Kant, Romain Gary, Robert Silverberg, Isaac Asimov, Dan Simmons).
- Cinema and TV series hobbyist (my favourite shows include Doctor Who, Sherlock, The Wire, Person of Intereset).
- Car driving license (unused for a few years).
- Former fencing practicioner (9 years of foil fencing supervised by Maître Olivier Bonin, CISP).
- Ridiculously opinionated Pink Floyd fan.
- I like titles. I call myself Lord Doctor Elie Rotenberg of Glencoe, PhD, CTO, CSO, EVP and I should probably get myself cool business cards and a crown and a scepter.